Újezd u Brna, poutní kaple sv. Antonína Paduánského
The pilgrimage chapel of St. Anthony of Padua stands on a hill at the northern edge of the village Újezd u Brna and it is surrounded by fields and vineyards. The original chapel was built in 1703, but it became famous in 1805, because “the Battle of Austerlitz” (the Battle of the Three Emperors) started near there. The current chapel was built and consecrated in 1863. The chapel looks like a neo-Romanesque rotunda. It has got a semi-circular apse and it is decorated with statues of St. John of Nepomuk and St. Wenceslas. Pilgrims come there at the time of the feast of St. Anthony of Padua. They celebrate the pilgrimage Holy Mass there.
Distance from the object
Railway station1,2 km
Bus stop600 m