Doubravník, kaple sv. Maří Magdalény na Bozince
The small chapel of St. Mary Magdalene stands on a steep hill called Bozinka. It is at the southwestern edge of the village Doubravník. The chapel has got a square floor plan. It is finished with a semi-circular ending and with a square tower. The pilgrimage chapel is from 1897. It replaced a chapel from the 16th century. Decoration of the chapel interior is simple, consisting of several paintings and a large wooden cross. The cross was made by a Doubravník native craftsman. A picture of St. Mary Magdalene is placed on the altar. A tradition of pilgrimages to Bozinka is quite old. Pilgrims used to bring a wooden statuette of St. Mary Magdalene there and the celebration ended with a thanksgiving worship. The traditional pilgrimage still takes place at the chapel every year. It is organized around St. Mary Magdalene´s day in July (22nd July).
Distance from the object
Railway station2 km
Bus stop700 m (Doubravník-Štěpnice)